11. Barnegat (10) 9-3: Bengals play at Toms River North in a Shore Conference Pod B quarterfinal game Monday.
This COVID-19 shortened high school basketball season is unique with teams primarily playing only league games. The Press Elite 11 has changed its format as a result. Instead of South Jersey, The Elite 11 is ranking only teams in Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland and southern Ocean counties.
Ranking selected by The Press high school sports staff based on staff observation, research and interviews with players and coaches. Last week’s ranking in parentheses:
10. Hammonton (UR) 7-4: Blue Devils have won four straight.
9. Cedar Creek
9. Cedar Creek (UR) 7-3: Pirates enter the ranking after beating Holy Spirit 60-56 on Friday.
8. Atlantic City
8. Atlantic City (6) 6-1: The Vikings season is over.
7. Holy Spirit
7. Holy Spirit (3) 9-3: Spartans host St. Joseph on Monday and play at St. Augustine on Wednesday.
6. Southern Regional
6. Southern Regional (7) 10-1: Rams have won 10 straight and play at Ranney in the first round of the Shore Conference A Pod on Monday.
5. Wildwood (8) 11-1: Warriors have won 11 straight and host Highland Regional in the first round of the Tri-County Conference A bracket on Monday.
4. Ocean City
4. Ocean City (5) 6-1: Red Raiders returned to the court after a COVID-19 pause with a 76-40 win over Cape May Tech on Saturday.
3. Egg Harbor Township
3. Egg Harbor Township (4) 10-1: Eagles can clinch the CAL North Division with a win over Oakcrest on Monday.
2. St. Joseph Academy
2. St. Joseph Academy (2) 11-1: Senior guard Marcus Pierce is averaging 21.8 points.
1. St. Augustine
1. St. Augustine (1) 11-1: Hermits host state power Camden on Monday at 6 p.m.