This Site is not intended for use by persons located within the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not request or accept personal information concerning or supplied by persons who are located within the EEA at the time they access this Site. If you have accessed this Site from within the EEA, you should immediately discontinue your use. If you have supplied personal information to us in violation of this provision, whether through the registration of new user accounts or otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Types Of Information We Collect
- Use And Processing Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Information for California Residents
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
- Third Party Applications/Websites
- Contact Information
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
Types Of Information We Collect
Information Automatically Gathered About All Visitors: We collect aggregate and user-specific information on which pages consumers access or visit. This information is used to generate reports that help us assess the value of an interest in the various Sites and services we provide. We use the information we collect to improve the content of our Sites and services. We can build better Sites and provide better services if we know which pages our users are visiting, how often they visit and how long they stay on a page. The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Information|
|Distance Information||When you use one of our Mobile Apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our products.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Website interactions||We use technology, including electronic files called web beacons, to monitor how you interact with our Site. This includes which pages you visit, which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our Site to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our Site. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
Information Gathered by Voluntary Submission: To make use of certain features on our Sites (such as contests, story comments, letters to the editor, personalized web pages and other interactive forums and blogs) visitors need to register and to provide certain information as part of the registration or participation process. The information you supply will help us offer you more personalized features, to tailor our services to your interests and make them more useful to you. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. But if you do not supply the information we need, we may be unable to provide you with services and content we make available to other visitors to our Sites. The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Information|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account relating functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Automated Account Services||We collect your name and contact information, including e-mail address, if you sign up for any of our automated account services.||We have a legitimate interest in providing transactional e-mails regarding the status of your account, including confirmations, notices of expiration and renewal and other related electronic correspondence.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your age or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our contract of employment, or the anticipation of a contract of employment with you. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Subscription Purchase||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you purchase a subscription.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
Use And Processing Of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our Sites.
- To provide products and services.
- To improve our Sites, services, and product offerings.
- To conduct statistical, marketing and demographic analyses of our delivery subscribers and their subscription patterns.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you purchase a subscription we collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your subscription. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our Sites may provide the opportunity to post comments, letters to the editor, or reviews, in a public forum or blog. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers help us to process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders, e-mail distribution, list processing and analytics or promotions management.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our Sites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Site does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Objection to Processing or Revocation Of Consent. In certain circumstances, you may object to processing of your personal information. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. Some browsers or other tools include “Do Not Track” (DNT) features which, when turned on, send a signal to websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked across websites over time. The Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups and regulators to develop a DNT browser technology standard to provide a common understanding as to how to interpret the DNT signals, but to date no standard has been adopted. Since there is no standard at this time, we do not currently respond to DNT signals. We will follow the progress of the W3C in developing the standard. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
California Residents. California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes; however, California residents may direct such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents who are registered users of the Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Services. You may request such removal by emailing us at email@example.com. In your request, please provide a description of the material that you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, and include your name, email address and/or website user name, year of birth, mailing address (including city, state, and zip code), and the subject line “California Removal Request” so that we can process your request. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Some of our Sites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Information for California Residents
- California law indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of personal information are collected, “sold,” or disclosed for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself.
- California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes; however, California residents may direct such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents who are registered users of the Sites and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Sites. You may request such removal by emailing us at email@example.com. In your request, please provide a description of the material that you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, and include your name, email address and/or website user name, year of birth, mailing address (including city, state, and zip code), and the subject line “California Removal Request” so that we can process your request. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
We are established in the United States. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
Third Party Applications/Websites
Our Sites contain numerous links to third parties. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. You should refer to each of those third party websites to obtain information on their privacy policies
What Are Cookies?
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
We place and access cookies on your computer; these cookies are known as “first-party cookies.” Cookies may also be placed and accessed by some of our third-party vendors, which are known as “third-party cookies” and are described below. Some cookies are "session cookies," which means that they are temporary cookies that are only stored on your device while you are visiting our Site. Other cookies are "persistent cookies," which means that they are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site.
The following describes the different types of cookies that we use:
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Sites. A list of these ad serving companies is available here. These companies may employ cookies to measure advertising effectiveness. We encourage you to read these businesses' privacy policies if you should have any concerns about how they will care for your personal information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, see the Network Advertising Initiative's consumer website.
Google Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) is an ad network partner that displays ads on our Sites. Click here to learn more about Google DFP's ad practices, including how to opt out of using anonymous information to select which ads to show you.
|Analytics Cookies||Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the website that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with the website. This is known as website analytics. Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our Sites, how many times they visit us and how many times a user viewed specific web pages within our Site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited our Site multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.|
|Essential Cookies||These are cookies that our Site needs in order to function, and that enable you to move around and use its services and features. Without these necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features you request. Examples of where these cookies are used include: [to anonymously determine when you are signed in; to determine when a user’s account has been inactive; and for other security purposes].|
|Social Media Cookies||Social media cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content you find interesting on our Site through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.|
How Can I Manage My Cookies?
If you wish to manage or opt-out of cookies utilized by our Sites and third party advertisers, you can take the following steps:
- You may be able to download an opt-out cookie from the third party advertiser’s website allowing you to opt-out of cookies. Please visit the third party advertiser’s websites for more information.
- Your web browser may allow you to manage what cookies are accepted or declined. These settings can usually be found in the preferences or options menus of your web browser.
- Your web browser may also allow you to manually view cookies and delete the cookies you don’t want or need. Check your web browser’s settings for more information.
- Websites that require registration may allow you to opt-out of cookies. Check the account settings or preferences section of the website for more information.
For more information about opting out of interest based advertising, you can visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org E 53rd St
Davenport, IA 52807
1-877-773-7724 or 1-609-272-1010
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: 12/31/2019