The program was put in place this year as a way to increase access to voting while minimizing lines on Election Day, to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Early voting kicks off Saturday morning around New Jersey here what you need to know. This is the first time that early voting will be offered to residents of New Jersey.
Why was early voting put into place?
How long does early voting last?
October 23 to 31
What are the hours of early voting?
Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 23 and 25-30 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 24 and 31.
Where is my early voting location?
Any voter registered in a county can go to any early voting location in that county.
What voting machines will be used in early voting?
Early voting locations in Atlantic County
- Atlantic City Free Public Library, 1 N. Tennessee Ave., Atlantic City;
- Atlantic County Shoreview Building, 101 Shore Road, Northfield;
- Atlantic County Library, 40 Farragut Ave., Mays Landing;
- Atlantic County Library, 306 E. Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway Township;
- Martin Luther King Center, 661 Jackson Road, Buena Vista Township;
- Hammonton Family Success Center, 310 Bellevue Ave., Hammonton.
Early voting locations in Cape May County
- Lower Township Library, 2600 Bayshore Road, Villas;
- Middle Township Library, 30 Mechanic St., Cape May Court House; Upper Township Library, 2500 Route 631, Petersburg.
Early voting locations in Cumberland County
- Bridgeton Public Library, 150 E. Commerce St., Bridgeton;
- Inspira EMS Millville Station, 600 Cedar St., Millville;
- Landis Marketplace, 624 E. Elmer St., Vineland.
Early voting locations in Ocean County
- Ocean County Library, 30 Station Road, Bayville;
- Ocean County Library, 301 Chambers Bridge Road, Brick;
- Ocean County Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson;
- Lacey Community Center Room C, 15 E. Lacey Road, Lacey;
- Lakewood Municipal Building Court Room, 231 Third St., Lakewood;
- Upper Shores Library, 112 Jersey City Ave., Lavallette;
- Ocean County Library, 290 Mathistown Road, Little Egg Harbor Township;
- OC Southern Resource Center Nutrition Hall, 179 S. Main St., Manahawkin;
- Ocean County Library, 21 Colonial Drive, Manchester;
- Ocean County Library, 101 Washington St., Toms River.
Early voting locations in Salem County
- Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center, 375 S. Broadway, Pennsville;
- Salem County Office, 110 Fifth St., Conference Room 105, Salem City;
- Elmer Grange, 535 Daretown Road, Elmer.
Can I vote early if I received a vote-by-mail ballot?
However, if a voter is on the list to receive vote-by-mail ballots, that voter will not be able to vote by machine but will be given a paper provisional ballot to fill out. It will be counted as long as no mail-in ballot has been counted for the same voter.